This release of the DC One-Stop Business Portal will contain the following features:
In the initial release of the portal, static checklists were made available for the starting the following business types:
- Grocery store
- Rental housing
- Short-term/vacation rental
The static checklists contain the requirements for starting the respective business type with links to the respective forms, the cost, and average processing time.
As part of the initial release, dynamic checklists were made available where the business owner can log in with their existing Access DC account and follow a wizard-like experience to guide them through the process of starting their business. The dynamic checklist will be tailored to the business's specific needs and will track the progress along the way.
As part of the initial release, the goal "I want to manage my existing business" was introduced where existing business owners will be able to add their businesses to the portal by answering a series of questions about their business. A business dashboard will generate where the business owner can manage their business obligations within the district in one place. On this dashboard, existing business owners will be able to:
- Review their Corporate Registration information,
- Review their Basic Business License information and see when their license is nearing renewal,
- Review their Certificate of Occupancy or Home Occupation Permit, if applicable,
- Add their Certificate of Clean Hands and verify, on demand, their Certificate of Clean Hands compliance status, and
- Review their Liquor License information, if applicable.